Thursday 5 May 2011

6. How does Misrach's photography make you feel? Does it appeal to your imagination?

I  have respect for Misrach as his work always portray's something capitvating or relevant. Working with colour and various extreme view points, his work makes me want to look further and to find the meaning behind it, to unmask the abiguity that lies within his photograph's. His more recent works seem to experiment with a technique of rendering depth or distance in his paintings and this is the high and low view points that he shoots from. In combination with the vast landscape and utilized colour palette he creates a very captivating image. His style is consistant and appeals to me with the raw beauty he presents. His work definately appeals to my imagination, I like how he focuses on where the figure lies in his photos.  It's rather dramatic even, most definately emphasising the dominance of a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment