Saturday 30 April 2011

6. How do you think artists and designers are viewed in western society today?

I think art colours the world and keeps life interesting. If I Imagine a world without visual practioneers I imagine the industrial life dull and boring, colourless and muted. Nature would still be thriving but to the urban landscape without the expressionistic detail and energy of art so much would be missing. That is a fact for the existance of art. But the view on the common artist in modern society is also refined to much more. I think it is difficult to become a successful artist, because I think it's really based on luck, whether someone is successful or not with the work that is produced, whether their attitude is motivational and whether they know where they want to stand  in society, and knowing how to get there. I say luck as in if their work is appealing to people at the time, and whether it's needed.. I view the art world to be very critical and hardened; primarily to focus on the global media and advertisements society thrives off, it is difficult to obtain a reasonable status. I think art influences everybody on some way, and to become noticed by the correct audience would highly influence an artist to become more successful. In other words, I'd say artists are viewed as important as anyone else but mainly to say that they play a crucial role in keeping the world lively and innovative with technology and further revolutionary movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment